Generally, multivitamins are associated with women’s health issues such as osteoporosis. This is because of a popular misconception that only women need Vitamin D for calcium synthesis in the body. In addition to that Vitamins are connected with skin and hair mostly, making it seem like only women require multivitamins.
However, Multivitamin Supplements are equally beneficial for men. Along with other health supplements such as protein shakes, taking a multi-vitamin supplement is necessary. They not only keep you healthy but also improve the results of any workout routine that you are on. In fact, multi-vitamins are the second most recommended supplements after Omega-3 supplements.
What are Multivitamin Supplements?
Vitamins and minerals are obtained through various food sources such as fruits, nuts, and vegetables. However, it is usually difficult for most people to obtain the perfect balance through just their diet. Therefore, multivitamin dietary supplements are essential. They contain a blend of all the necessary vitamins, trace minerals, and other micronutrients. They are available in the form of convenient capsules or tablets that give you the daily requirement of vitamins.
Among the several multivitamin supplements available in the market, MuscleBlaze MB-Vite Multivitamin is quite popular for the several health benefits offered. You have 120 tablets in each bottle. These tablets are especially recommended for athletes and body builders. It contains 24 essential vitamins and minerals that help in better muscle recovery. These tablets also reduce the chances of oxidative stress, which is a common factor responsible for fatigue in the muscles. They contain four additional super antioxidants that keep your immunity high and promote better health overall.
Benefits of Multivitamin Supplements of Men
Multivitamins have several benefits for men as well. Some of these benefits include:
- They keep Chronic Diseases at Bay: Men are at a higher risk of heart diseases than women. According to a study conducted in Sweden, the chances of heart attacks in men between the ages of 40-50 yrs. This of course, is a much-debated subject. While the effects have been seen on heart diseases, there isn’t enough evidence to prove that multivitamins have an impact on long term illnesses such as cancer. One of the few studies conducted revealed that people who consumed multivitamins were at 8 percent lower risk of developing cancerous cells.
- Multivitamins Improve the ability of the body to absorb nutrients: With multivitamin tablets, the ability of the body to synthesize certain nutrients increases quite significantly. This includes the absorption of iron and calcium, which are essential for several functions of the body. That way, not only the vitamin requirement but also the daily requirements of other nutrients are met adequately when you consume multi-vitamin supplements.
- They Promote Better Immunity: Vitamin A and C present in multivitamin tablets are extremely essential for better health of your immune system. These vitamins protect the cells as well. The mucous membranes of the cells are kept intact with vitamins E and A which keeps disease-causing microbes at bay. They also contain minerals such as zinc that make the immune system a lot stronger.
- Better Functioning of the Nervous System: B-complex is one of the most important vitamins provided by multivitamin tablets. These vitamins improve nerve function. They also improve the overall health of the nervous system. Potassium is an important component of multivitamin tablets. This mineral is used by your autonomic nervous system. This promotes brain function and also other involuntary functions such as the heartbeat.
- Skin and Hair Health is Improved: Vitamin E is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants. This helps oxidize any free radicals present in the skin, promoting better skin health. This also prevents several health issues. Vitamin A and B- complex are also essential in promoting better skin and hair health. Trace minerals such as nickel are also quite useful in improving the health of the skin and the hair.
- Better Bone and Teeth: Vitamins K and A are essential for better teeth and bones. Vitamin D is very useful in the absorption of calcium by the body. This promotes better bone and teeth health and prevents any age related degeneration. Calcium is one of the trace minerals that you will find in most multivitamin supplements.
- Better Hormone Synthesis: For hormones to be produced, it is essential for the body to have an adequate source of trace minerals. For instance, Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Trace minerals like magnesium are responsible for more than three hundred biochemical reactions that are responsible for hormone production. You also have better liver and kidney health with minerals like Molbydenum. Chromium keeps the insulin levels in the body balanced. This prevents health issues like Diabetes and is essential for better glucose synthesis I the body. Multi vitamin supplements pack in several minerals that are essential for better health of organs that produce and synthesize hormones in the body.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above vitamins and minerals are also essential to keep your energy levels up and also prevent age related degeneration of cells and tissues. For those on a stringent workout routine, multivitamin tablets improve results and help you work out better.
How Much do you need?
While they have several benefits, any excessive consumption of minerals and vitamins can cause health issues. It is recommended that you consume only one tablet each day along with a healthy, balanced meal to reap the benefits. However, with some brands of multivitamins, one serving contains two tablets. In that case, it is best that you take one tablet in the morning and take the other one in the night. Also, you must consult a certified health expert or physician before consuming any multivitamins.
It is best to consume a multivitamin tablet along with your meals. This allows maximum absorption of the nutrients present in them.
While there are no known side effects of multivitamins in healthy individuals, those with any pre-existing health condition, especially those related to the kidney or the liver should make sure that they consult a vet before taking any supplements.